The USS IOWA Battleship is an incredible local landmark in beautiful San Pedro, CA that seconds as an interactive naval museum. Owned and operated by the non-profit Pacific Battleship Center, the retired Battleship IOWA is ‘the West Coast’s only battleship open to the public’.
This battleship represents a pivotal piece of naval history during World War 2. The BB-61 had been through a series of constant decommissioning and recommissions, 19 years of total commissioned service and achieved nine battle stars. The contributions that this battleship provided to the United States was immeasurable.
Being able to step foot in The Battleship of Presidents and seeing it’s splendor up close and personal is a sight worth seeing. Block out your calendars on the day you plan to see the USS Iowa. With so much history to witness, you’ll be glad you did.
- Adults (Ages 12-61) $19.95
- Seniors (Ages 62+) $16.95
- Military & Veterans $16.95
- Youth (Ages 3-11) $11.95 – Under 3 Years (Free)
Click this link for $2 Off tickets
Add-ons ($10 Each)
- President’s Tour – 45 minutes
- Lost at Sea & Art Gallery – 30-60 minutes
- LA Waterfront Harbor Cruise – 45 minutes
- Flight Simulator / VR Experience – $8 per ride
- “Amazing piece of history that’s well restored.”
- “If you are in favor of preserving history and are fascinated by modern military marvels, Battleship USS Iowa should be on your bucket list.”
- “An amazing experience for both adults and kids. I would rank this as a must-see if you are in the area.”
Located about a half-mile from the battleship, this establishment has been around for over 60 years and is home to the world-famous shrimp tray and the highest quality seafood on the West Coast.
The Green Onion is a Mexican Restaurant that serves up amazing entrees with generous portions. With dishes including Chili Con Carne, Flautas, and Machaca, there’s something for everyone after a long day on the battleship.
For those looking for great American cuisine, award-winning drinks, and live entertainment every Saturday night, this is the place to be. Top off your stay in San Pedro with a visit to SPBC and you won’t be disappointed.
Looking for convenient hotel accommodations to experience all the entertainment and activities that Long Beach has to offer? Hotel Current is conveniently located just minutes away from all the action of downtown and surrounding entertainment venues, the airport, and plenty of other attractions. If you’re looking for even more things to do in the LBC, check out our attractions page. Book your local stay with Hotel CURRENT today!